Teams of 4-6 fourth and fifth graders read from a list of four books chosen to appeal to a variety of interests and introduce young readers to a wide range of books. During battle season, readers meet with their teammates to discuss the books. Reading is a shared activity that culminates in the Faire (gathering of teams with book-related activities) and the Championship & All-Team Finale.
- Read from the selected book list
- Discuss the books at team meetings
- Practice answering questions about the books as a team
- Create a book-related board game to share at the Faire
- Test their knowledge of the books at the Faire
- Vie for awards for Most Creative Team Name, Best Team Shield & Slogan, Best Team Spirit and more!